Egg muffins are incredibly easy to make and perfect for breakfast or snacking. I used my Basil & Macadamia Pesto to make these muffins but you can also try any of these pesto sauces: Paleo Avocado Pesto and Red Pesto – all take just a few minutes to make and add an amazing flavour boost to your meal!
FOR THE PIE CRUST⠀⠀
• 2/3 cup frozen spinach, thawed and excess water removed (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
• 3 tbsp pesto (45 g/ 1.6 oz) – you can make your own
• 1/2 cup kalamata or other olives, pitted (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (28 g/ 1 oz)
• 125 g soft goat cheese or other soft type of cheese such as feta (4.4 oz)
• 6 large eggs, free-range or organic
• salt and pepper to taste (I like Pink Himalayan salt)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F. Squeeze out the excess water from the spinach, deseed and slice the olives and chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Crack the eggs into a bowl, …
2. … add the pesto and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
3. Divide the spinach, crumbled goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and olives evenly into the muffin pan (I used a silicon muffin pan). Pour in the egg & pesto mixture and transfer into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned on top and cooked inside.
4. When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
📸 Credits: @ketodiet_app